TAV Technologies has gained the right to be an R&D Center as of May 2019 in scope of the Law No. 5746 Regarding Support to Research, Development and Design Activities and 11 projects conducted by engineers working for TAV Technologies were taken in scope of R&D and the works are continuing. Upon becoming an R&D Center, other activities also swiftly increased within the company and significant developments were gained especially in the following subjects:
- Increasing collaborations with universities and global R&D centers,
- Encouraging master or PhD degrees of employees,
- 8 international/national fund and incentive program applications under EU fund clusters and TUBITAK,
- 4 academic article publications and 1 conference participation,
- 1 patent application and 1 patent preliminary study,
- 5 “Proof of Concept” and innovation studies,
- 2 commercializable R&D product outputs,
- Supporting works regarding intellectual and industrial property rights, and reward program
- Collaborations with start-up firms.
Within the scope of the R&D Strategy Program put forward by TAV Technology in 2020, concrete and highly successful outputs were produced; the need for an audit by the Ministry of Industry and Technology in 2021 did not arise. Since 2014, in respect to our R&D applications regarding the energy efficiency and CO2 reduction, we saved 2,750,986 kWh energy, and 6,164.41 tons of CO2. Additionally, several different energy efficiency and CO2 reduction projects have been designed to be conducted in the following years.