TAV AIRPORTS HOLDINGS INC (TAV)’s main disclosure policy is to share information on the performance and expectations of TAV within the scope of generally accepted accounting principles and Capital Market Legislation (CML), in a fair, complete, accurate and comprehensible way with shareholders, investors and analysts (capital market participants) equally and to always keep an active and open dialogue available. Except trade secrets, TAV believes that to share information about activities and related strategies, critical subjects, risks and growth opportunities with public will create a more efficient market for Company’s capital markets instruments.
TAV complies with the Turkish Commercial Code, the Capital Markets Legislation and Capital Markets Board (CMB) and Borsa Istanbul (BIST) Regulations with respect to public disclosure and also complies with CMB Corporate Governance Principles.
TAV Disclosure Policy is prepared within the framework of the relevant regulations of the Turkish Commercial Code, Capital Markets Legislation, the regulations of the Capital Markets Board and Borsa Istanbul to comply with the CMB Corporate Governance Principles and has been accepted by the Board of Directors and announced to the all stakeholders via TAV Website (http://www.tavyatirimciiliskileri.com and http://ir.tav.aero)
Disclosure Policy applies to TAV and all of its subsidiaries and related entities, employees and advisers and it regulates the written and oral communication between TAV and the capital market participants.
The Board of Directors is responsible from enforcing, supervising and developing the Disclosure Policy. Investor Relations Department is charged with observing and controlling all issues concerning the Public Disclosure Policy.
Methods and Means of Public Disclosure
TAV’s methods and tools of public disclosure, without prejudice to the CML, Borsa Istanbul Regulations and Turkish Commercial Code (TCC) are as follows;
- Material Event Disclosures submitted to PDP (Public Disclosure Platform) with English translations made electronically available to local and foreign investors and analysts.
- Financial statements and footnotes, independent audit reports, declarations, quarterly announcements and annual reports that are sent to BIST and PDP periodically which are also made available in Turkish and English versions on our Website
- Announcements and disclosures made via the Turkish Trade Registry Newspaper and daily newspapers (prospectus, circulars, announcement for general assembly etc.)
- Press releases via printed and visual media tools
- Declarations to data vendors
- Analyst meetings and interviews made face to face or via tele-conferences with capital market participants
- Corporate Website (http://www.tavyatirimciiliskileri.com and http://ir.tav.aero)
- Communication mediums like phone, cell phone e-mail, fax etc.
- Promotional presentations including financial and operational data
- Annual and quarterly annual reports
Company Officials Authorized to Make Public Announcements
In addition to the disclosures outlined above, written or oral requests for information from capital market participants, according to their content, are processed as authorized by the Head of TAV Investor Relations within approval and knowledge of his/her superior officer. Press statements for written and visual media and to data distributors can only be made by the Chief Executive Officer or Chief Financial Officer. Without being expressly authorized, TAV employees cannot answer questions coming from capital market participants. Such requests for information are delegated to the Investor Relations Department.
Public Disclosure of Material Events
Public disclosures of material events comprising continuous and privileged information except trade secrets are made on time upon the advice of the related departments under the coordination of the Investor Relations Department in accordance with the “Material Events Communique”. Material event disclosures are prepared with regard to punctuality, accuracy, comprehensibility, comprehensiveness and avoidance of misleading statements so that they will be instrumental to the persons and organizations referring to the disclosure for their decisions.
Public disclosures of material circumstances and Financial Statements are sent by authorized electronic signature to the PDP within the framework of the related regulations of the BIST and CMB and published on theweb site on the following day at the latest. The public disclosure of material circumstances can be delayed in the event that the conditions set forth by the relevant legislation are present in the said disclosures.
Public Disclosure of Financial Statements
The Financial Statements and footnotes of TAV are prepared quarterly as per the Capital Market Legislation and comply with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS); audited independently (semi-annually and year-end) and submitted to the approval of the Board of Directors. They are disclosed to public by submission to BIST with a Statement of Responsibility as affirmed by the authorized persons. English versions of the Quarterly Announcements are also published on the TAV web site. Financial statements and footnotes, are submitted to the approval by the Board of Directors by the Audit Committee which provides its opinion on the statements as per the Capital Market Legislations. Upon approval, the statements are signed by the officers responsible from financial reporting and submitted to the BIST on PDP. Financial Statements and footnotes of previous periods are available on the Internet (http://www.tavyatirimciiliskileri.com and http://ir.tav.aero).
The Annual Report
The Annual and Interim Reports comprising the required information and declarations as per the Turkish Commercial Code, Capital Market Legislations and CMB Corporate Governance Principals are prepared to international standards. The Annual Report is submitted for the approval of the Board of Directors after it is prepared and upon getting approval it is presented to the scrutiny of shareholders before the Ordinary General Assembly. The Annual Report is published on the company web site in Turkish and in English.
Determination of the Persons with Administrative Responsibility and Disclosure of the Insiders
List of insiders comprises; members of the managing and auditing units and others who while not a part of these units still have direct or indirect access to Insider Information regularly and those having the right to take managerial decisions affecting the future development and commercial targets of the Company (the persons with administrative responsibility) and the persons who are closely related with them and who are acting on behalf and account of the Company and who can have access to insider information directly or indirectly, regularly or irregularly. The insiders list is maintained on the Central Record System of Central Registry Board and published on our web site. The general managers of the affiliate companies who have a major role in getting the financial and operational outcomes of the company are also accepted as persons with administrative responsibility.
Transactions surpassing the maximum threshold allocated to a calendar year of Equity shares of the equity share or securities based on these shares and those transactions resulting in the surpassing or falling below of the shareholding and or voting rights above or below disclosure limits, are disclosed by the parties undertaking the transaction to BIST.
Deferring Public Disclosure of Inside Information
Inside information is information not yet revealed to the public, which may impact the value of the capital markets instrument and influence investors’ investment decisions.
Pursuant to the 6th Clause of the Material Events Communiqué:
Our Company in this framework:
- 1- Our Company, bearing the responsibilities of such action, may defer the disclosure of inside information under the condition that investors are not misled and the said piece of information remains confidential.
- 2- When the conditions for deferring disclosure of inside information disappear, our Company discloses the said information according to the framework laid out in the Communique. The disclosure also includes the decision to defer and its reasons. If the event related to the deferred disclosure does not take place, a disclosure may not be made
- 3- Our Company has the responsibility to keep deferred inside information confidential and restrict access to this information.
- Takes necessary measures to make sure inside information is only accessible to persons in the insider list.
- Takes necessary measures to makes sure all insiders are aware of the legal responsibilities and penalties related to unauthorized dissemination and abuse of inside information.
- Is obliged to disclose inside information if it’s confidentiality is compromised.
- 4- The effect of deferral to our Company’s valid interests, the abscence of the risk of misleading investors and measures to ensure confidentiality are resolved by the Board of Directors or written approval is taken from persons delegated by the Board of Directors on this matter
- 5- Persons mentioned in the second clause of the fifth article of the Communique can also exercise the right to defer. As these persons notify our Company, the fourth clause of this article is executed.
Precautions to Protect the Integrity of Inside Information until Public Announcement
As a general principle, TAV Airports Holding Inc. and the persons working for and on behalf of the Holding cannot share information subject to material event disclosure that has not yet been revealed to public. In case it is found that the insider information is revealed to third persons unintentionally and it is deemed that the information cannot be kept confidential then a material event disclosure is made instantly.
In the event of deferring the disclosure of the information, then the persons who have information regarding the deferral are listed and “TAV Airports Holding Inc.List of Insiders” is updated accordingly. Necessary actions are taken to notify both these persons and other informed parties and reasonable measures to that effect are taken.
The persons on the “insiders list” are notified by the Investor Relations Department that they are included in the list to enable compliance to confidentiality principles on inside information and keep the material event, financial and operational results information confidential until public disclosure. The Company signs confidentiality agreements with service providers that render services like consultancy, translation, etc. that need and utilize inside information while performing their tasks for and on behalf of the Company and thereby enforces them to keep the information confidential.
Communication with Capital Markets Participants
TAV does not comment on expectations about quarterly and annual results. Instead of this, TAV communicates on critical subjects affecting activity results, strategic methods and subjects that make the sector and the activities more understandable and thus informs the capital market participants. Unless explicitly otherwise stated in the disclosure policy, only authorized officers can communicate with capital markets participants about TAV. No material event can be disclosed during non-public interviews with capital markets participants. TAV Investor Relations Department participates in all meetings with capital markets participants.
One on One Interviews or Calls
Calls and face to face interviews with capital market investors are part of the development of the investor relations program. However TAV will not reveal new information, will not update current information and will not announce important and priviledged information which has not been publicly disclosed before.
TAV Airports’ spokespersons observe a “Quiet Period” for two weeks prior to the quarterly announcements of financial results. This “Quiet Period” ends with the disclosure of the quarterly financial results to the Borsa Istanbul Public Disclosure Platform (PDP).
During the “Quiet Period” TAV Airports will not provide any comments on the financial status of the company except for already disclosed information. People within the Company who have access to insider information will abstain from sharing such information with the public. The questions of capital market attendees such as analysts and investors regarding the financial status of the Company are not answered during that period. Observation of a “quiet period” does not preclude TAV Airports’ authorized spokespersons from attending conferences, forums, panels and making speeches and announcements provided these actions comply with the relevant capital markets legislation.
Presentations and/or Speeches
Whenever possible, the Company will publicly announce presentations, teleconferences or speeches in advance. TAV makes an effort not to participate in meetings which have not properly been announced to the public. Memos and/or slide presentations are made available on TAV’s website upon completion of the speech or teleconference (http://www.tavyatirimciiliskileri.com and http://ir.tav.aero). TAV makes an effort to guide the relevant parties, if possible, on simultaneous dissemination on the Internet of scheduled presentations,.
Procedures Regarding the News in Media
TAV Airports Holding Inc. monitors the news regarding the Holding in national media with a contracted media agency. Accordingly each morning the related news published in media are submitted to TAV Airports Holding Executives, Investor Relations Department and Corporate Communications Department. Besides, relevant news on data vendors is also monitored.
- In the event of the existence of news and rumors that could have an effect on investor decisions regarding our company different than previously made disclosure, our company makes a public disclosure regarding the validity and sufficiency of these rumors. This disclosure is mandatory as per the relevant communique.
- If such news and rumors are regarding information subject to deferred disclosure, then the reasons for deferral are invalidated and our Company makes a public disclosure.
- Analysis, comments, projections, evaluations and the like based on already disclosed information are outside the scope of this framework.
- Including forward guidance, if material events are to be disclosed through the media or other outlets, simultaneously or before this disclosure, a public disclosure through the PDP is made. This also includes disclosures made unwittingly in public platforms.
Public disclosure of forward guidance
TAV Airports Holding may, from time to time, make forward-looking statements in compliance with the Material Events Communique. A forward-looking statement made in the Company’s written documents will be identified and accompanied with disclaimers that risks, uncertainties and other factors could cause actual results to differ materially from the expectations expressed in the forward-looking statement. The statements will only be made by authorized representatives by clearly expressing the disclaimers referred to above and by referring to a ready and written document as (press releases, information memorandum, disclosure within the CML). Forward looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions and estimates and can be revised upon deviation due to unforeseeable risks and developments.
Forward guidance is made according to the following principles:
- Forward guidance requires the approval of the Board of Directors, or written approval of a company official designated with this authority by the Board of Directors.
- Forward guidance is made a maximum of four times during the year. This disclosure may be made through the PDP or through Annual or Interim Reports prepared according to the relevant regulation. In case of new developments changing the guidance, there is no limit to the number of disclosures that can be made regarding the change.
- If there are material differences between forward guidance and its disclosure, the differences are disclosed through the PDP
TAV regards analyst reports as proprietary information belonging to the analyst’s firm and will not provide such reports on the Company’s website. The Company will not confirm, endorse, adopt or disseminate analysts’ reports. However, in certain limited circumstances, upon request, the Company may review specific factual assertions that an analyst intends to include in a report for the factual accuracy of historical information that is publicly available. The Company discloses the names and firms of analysts who cover the Company, on its website.
TAV Web Site
(http://www.tavyatirimciiliskileri.com and http://ir.tav.aero) web page is actively used for disclosure, as per CMB’s Corporate Governance Principals. All disclosures of TAV (past and current) can be accessed through the webpage easily and in a cost effective manner. The webpage prepared and designed in Turkish and English is accessible to all.
The information available on company’s webpage does not replace the required regular and material event disclosures as per Capital Market Legislations. All disclosure of TAV can be accessed through the webpage. The web site is structured and segmented accordingly. All precautions are taken for the security of the webpage. The webpage is prepared and designed in Turkish and in English in compliance with CMB Corporate Governance Principles. The announcements for general assemblies, the agenda and information memorandums pertaining to the general assembly, instructions on participation and other documents and reports on general assembly agenda are also made available on the webpage in a clear manner.